Paragon Training, Owner and Head coach
Athlete Blood Test has given me the information I need to change a few specific things in my training and recovery protocols that have significantly enhanced my performance and allowed me to perform at a higher level.
I love working with Athlete Blood Test to monitor my blood levels during a competitive season. Being able to easily get bloodwork done and test only the markers that I need to test as an athlete is extremely beneficial. Oh, and the process is so easy!
- Hometown(s): San Antonio
- Alma mater(s): The University of Texas at Tyler
- What you are working toward now: Helping driven athletes achieve their goals.
- Primary Sport: Triathlon
- Proudest athletic accomplishment: Winning the Inaugural Ironman Waco in a time of 8:41
- Facepalm/most embarrassing athletic moment: I tried to do a flying mount in my first Olympic distance triathlon, but I was so tired after the swim that I missed the saddle completely and crashed into a crowd of spectators nearby.
- Favorite non-athletic activity: Playing board games
- My personal “walk-up”/motivational/current theme song is….”Finish Line” by Skillet.
- Best junk/”special” food ever created: I can (and often do) eat pizza and bagels daily.
- Favorite recipes: A “big bowl of health” is one of my favorite go-to’s. Chips, cheese, beans, lots of greens, and some steak. Mix it all up, and enjoy!
- Favorite Gadget: A PowerMeter and heart rate monitor
- Secret talent (unicycle…): Funny you mention unicycling. I can indeed ride a unicycle!
- Favorite athletic/sports book OR movie: The Perfect Mile by Neal Bascomb detailing the quest for the first ever sub 4:00 mile in history.