There is beauty in simplicity and Athlete Blood Test provides a simple but necessary service that allows me to spend more time focusing on training and less time making physical doctor appointments
- Hometown(s): Madison, WI
- Alma mater(s): University of Wisconsin
- Primary sport/event : triathlon
- Why I use Athlete Blood Test: Learning as much as I can about optimizing my body, not only for my athletic career, but also lifelong fitness.
- What are you working towards: With COVID-19 travel restrictions and being involved in a hit-and-run on my bike I’m just working towards getting back out there and competing in Kona, our World Championship again.
- Proudest athletic accomplishment: Winning an Ironman in my hometown of Madison WI
- Facepalm/most embarrassing athletic moment: Let’s just say that professional triathletes now have their own PRO porta potties after I lobbied for them after a specific incident.
- Favorite non-athletic activity: Financial analysis
- My personal “walk up”/motivational/current theme song is….Orbital – Halcyon + On + On
- Best junk/”special” food ever created: 3 Musketeers
- Favorite recipes: Add 300-350 grams of frozen banana with 1/4 cup of water & a dash of cinnamon, blend slowly in a Vitamix until the texture of ice cream. Either add thawed or fresh berries as a topping.
- What apps or gadgets do you use or recommend? Garmin GPS Device Triathlon Specific, Power meters for bike, heart rate monitor for bike run, timing device of some sort for the pool
- Favorite drink/cocktail: any New Zealand Sauv Blanc in summer or IPA my brother brews in the winter
- Secret talent: Refusing to give up has always been my trump card but I’ve also been told I have the best smile in triathlon and smiling at someone can be powerful force for the both of us
- Favorite athletic/sports book OR movie: Happy Gilmore