ABT has enabled me to see if I’m overtraining or overtaxing my adrenals – its been a game changer
I started tri at age 61 – learned to swim at age 60 – never too old!
- Hometown(s): Thornton, CO
- Primary sport/event : Multisport – TRI/DU/Aquathlon and more
- What you are working toward now: Age Group Nationals in Milwaukee Sprint + Olympic – Aug 6 + 7; World Championship Aquathlon in Slovakia 8/18 Collins Cup half iron distance Tri in Slovakia 8/21 Toughman Long DIstance Duathlon in NY 9/25 Super Sprint Worlds in Abu Dhabi 11/26
- Day job: Sports Nutrition Coach – I work with athletes worldwide and of all ages – 10% discount – mention Athlete Blood Test
- Proudest athletic accomplishment: Oh wow – I’d say every race – they are all hard – and all different – and getting to the start line is an accomplishment – especially as an “old AF” athlete 🙂 Being 70 makes it all that more fun.
- Facepalm/most embarrassing athletic moment: I’d say my first Ironman – IMWI 2013. The last one to finish the swim cut-off with 15 seconds to spare – the photo of my face was priceless
- Favorite non-athletic activity: hiking, cooking, walking my dog, opera + concerts with my hubs
- My personal “walk up”/motivational/current theme song is….The Club Can’t Handle you (finisher song at IMWI)
- Best junk/”special” food ever created: chocolate cake – yum and hot fudge sundaes
- Favorite recipes: oh, so very many
- Favorite Gadget: whatever one can figure out – I love gadgets
- Secret talent: I’m friendly and accepting and non judgemental
- Favorite athletic/sports book OR movie: Shifting Gears by Adam Hill is one of my new fav books