Can I use HSA for an Athlete Blood Test?
You may be able to use your HSA, FSA, or FRA for an Athlete Blood Test!
When it comes to healthcare-related savings accounts, sometimes it feels like you are swimming in alphabet soup. In case you need a refresher on what all those terms mean, check out this handy-dandy little chart from, you guessed it, the HR people (Society for Human Resource Management): HSA/FSA/HRA Comparison Chart
Setting aside the mumbo-jumbo, the good news is that your Athlete Blood Test may be covered by your plan.
Here is how to get it done:
1. Paperwork check first: Confirm that your specific Heath Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or Health Reimbursement Account (Traditional HRA) covers an Athlete Blood Test.
- The IRS sets the rules on these, but some details may vary by plans and providers.
- This part is never easy but talk to your benefits administrator, regular health care provider, or your favorite tax attorney with questions about what is or isn’t covered.
2. The fun stuff: shop https://www.athletebloodtest.com/shop/
3. Make sure to save your receipt!
- Back to paperwork: submit your reimbursement request pursuant to the terms of your plan.
Let us know if you have questions. After all, whether it is with respect to your next race or challenge, or navigating your benefits bureaucracy, we’re cheering for you!