Many of our athletes love the benefits of regular blood analysis but cannot budget for multiple significant spending events every year.
We get it (hello inflation!). That’s why we offer the Bronze Panel and a basic Iron Panel.
The Bronze Panel is a great “systems check” for individual athletes looking for a quick check before a race or periodic tune-up for team athletes.
But at $189, it’s also an excellent way to take advantage of a cost-effective option that offers a ton of value.
So what’s included?
- Complete Blood Count with Differential (checks for red blood cell health, immune health, and inflammation)
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (blood sugars, protein levels, electrolytes, liver function, kidney function)
- Reticulocytes (red blood cell production)
- Serum Iron and Ferritin (your iron status)
- Vitamin B12 (energy, red blood cell production)
- Folate (energy, red blood cell production)
- Magnesium (electrolyte balance)
- Potassium (electrolyte balance)
- Sodium (electrolyte balance)
- Cortisol (stress and training tolerance)]
Fun fact about a Bronze Panel: fasting is helpful before the blood draw, but it isn’t required unless you add on a lipid (cholesterol) panel.
For athletes that are even more budget conscious or that are routinely monitoring their iron levels, the Iron Panel is a great option.
The most common reasons you should monitor your iron levels are if you are supplementing iron, have a history of iron deficiency, have a history of high iron levels, have dietary restrictions, or are training at altitude.
At $158, the Iron Panel is our smallest and least expensive panel.
It provides a basic iron and red blood cell health check, which are related to performance and anemia in athletes, specifically:
- TIBC (total iron binding capacity)
- Iron Saturation
- CBC (Complete Blood Count with Differential (checks for red blood cell health, immune health, and inflammation)
- Vitamin B12
- Folate (Vitamin B9)
The Bronze and Iron Panels are just one more way we provide individually tailored, athlete-focused blood biomarker analysis to help you dial in your nutrition, recovery, training, and performance.